Grandma’s Rice Pudding
Grandmas everywhere seem to be able to make delicious things out of simple ingredients, and this rice pudding recipe is just one example
- 2 cups raisins
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tsp vanilla
- Boil 3/4 cup rice in salted water until tender.
- Put raisins in pan, cover with water and bring to boil. Boil 5 minutes until plump.
- Butter a 2 quart bowl well and add rice. Put raisins on top of rice. DO NOT STIR.
- Beat eggs with sugar. Add milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour over rice/raisins. DO NOT STIR (or raisins will sink).
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 300 degrees until set (knife comes out clean). Approximately 90 minutes.
Total 0 Votes